I’ve decided that I need to make a list of things I want to do on a regular basis – soul food things. A bucket list is all good and well but I need a list to live by so here is my list at the moment:
- See, participate and enjoy live music at least once a month
- Eat a new taste/ cuisine at least once a month
- Cook something new at least once a month
- Get a massage at least once a month
- Read one non fiction book per month
- Read at least one fiction book per month
- Try to have breakfast with Cranky Pants at least 4 mornings per week – this is present breakfast no tv, laptops etc
- Make everyone sit down to a meal together at least twice per week – again being present
- Find something to make me smile and laugh EVERY DAY!
This is my living list, I’m sure it will grow and change but it’s a starting point.
I don’t know if it’s a middle age thing or just a difference in priorities but I’ve come to the decision that functionality is more important than looks in my underwear.
I had a time in my mid thirties where I spent up big on sexy undies and lingerie. Yep they were gorgeous, lace and satin, covered the curves beautifully. After an hour I was ready to rip them off. They where either scratching, pinching, riding up or falling down.
I’ve experimented with thongs but really why would I want to wear undies that give you a constant wedgie?
This year I discovered bonds cotton tails. My husband says they are the ugliest underwear he has ever seen and is embarrassed by them on the line.
Me, I’m proud of my comfy undies. Good underwear is the basis of any good outfit. There is nothing worse than constantly readjusting your nether regions, not a good look.
So next time you see large cotton undies on a clothes line know that there is a woman who is confident enough in herself to know undies don’t make you sexy but being comfortable in your skin does.