I’ve decided that I need to make a list of things I want to do on a regular basis – soul food things. A bucket list is all good and well but I need a list to live by so here is my list at the moment:
- See, participate and enjoy live music at least once a month
- Eat a new taste/ cuisine at least once a month
- Cook something new at least once a month
- Get a massage at least once a month
- Read one non fiction book per month
- Read at least one fiction book per month
- Try to have breakfast with Cranky Pants at least 4 mornings per week – this is present breakfast no tv, laptops etc
- Make everyone sit down to a meal together at least twice per week – again being present
- Find something to make me smile and laugh EVERY DAY!
This is my living list, I’m sure it will grow and change but it’s a starting point.
Really there is no need to point it out. I’m well aware of my size.
What makes people think that those of us who are larger haven’t noticed? I find it quite insulting when doctors, friends etc point out that I’m overweight. I’m fat, not stupid.
My husband is one of the worst. I know he stresses about my health and the effect my weight has on it but looking at me and stating “my god you’re huge” really isn’t helpful, or, “if you would just lose some weight” which I get often from my mum.
I know that my weight has an impact on my health. I am a well educated woman and am quite literate so I can read the studies on health issues that arise from being obese.
Yes, I do have health issues that my weight complicates but some of them are genetic defects that I’m stuck with. Not making excuses, just stating facts.
I’m learning to love myself however I look – that doesn’t mean I don’t want to be healthier. I do have to find the program that works for me and one thing I’m sure it isn’t is lapband so doctors stop pushing that barrow.
At this stage in my life it is what it is, fat chick walking.